Murray & Roberts pulls out of R5bn Dubai contract

South Africa’s biggest construction firm Murray & Roberts has pulled out of a R5-billion contract in Dubai after failing to finalise “acceptable” terms with a client, it said on Thursday.

The project, which was to build the Dubai International Airport Concourse 3, was awarded to the Al Habtoor Murray & Roberts Takenaka Joint Venture last December by the Dubai Civil Aviation.

“The parties have concluded that a mutually acceptable contract is not currently possible,” Murray & Roberts said in a statement.

The firm’s 40% share of the contract was worth about R5-billion in revenues over the next three years, the company said, adding that limited work had been undertaken on the project and parties would work together to reach a final account.

Murray & Roberts, which is helping to build 2010 World Cup stadiums in South Africa, said the withdrawal would not have a material impact on its full year results.—Reuters

. .

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Client Media Releases

Narrowing the intention-behaviour gap
Imperial reports flat revenue
MTN's school connectivity programme reaches Namaqualand
Rosebank College initiates Graduate Empowerment Programme
Oxbridge Academy partners with ADvTECH Group
Why future success belongs to the first movers...
Ipsos pre-election forecasting on the mark nationally
Office 365 a one-stop-shop for e-mail compliance