Request for evaluation consultants for the mid term review of the south africa hiv/aids response fund.
The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) seeks to evaluate the South Africa HIV/AIDS Response Fund (RF), a five year (2008-13) C$12,000,000 project to improve the health and quality of life of women and men, girls and boys, families and communities infected with, and affected by, HIV and AIDS. The RF provides support to civil society organizations to address HIV and AIDS in a gender responsive manner based on human rights principles and consistent with the Government of South Africa’s HIV and AIDS Strategic Plan for 2007-2011.
Scope of Work
The objectives of the mid-term review are to; - Verify progress towards the achievement of the project objectives and expected results. - Identify strengths, weaknesses, constraints, lessons and opportunities arising from the implementation of the RF and various sub-projects - Make recommendations on future of the RF.
CIDA requires the services of a Monitoring and Evaluation expert and a Gender Equality expert based in South Africa. The M&E expert shall be the Lead Evaluator / Team Leader and the GE Specialist will be the Associate Evaluator.
Each Evaluator must have over 10 years of experience of which at least 5 years is in evaluation, including substantial developing country experience preferably in South Africa or Southern Africa along with a demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan, manage and lead complex evaluations. The Consultants will be considered as individuals and NOT companies or cc’s, though a joint application can be made by two individuals.
Consulting fees for this assignment have been set at;
Lead Evaluator: R 5500/day for an estimated 42 days
Associate Evaluator: R 4500/day for an estimated 33 days.
CIDA will bear travel, per diems and other related costs.
This evaluation is expected to commence towards the end of February and be concluded by
11 May 2012. The final evaluation report must be submitted to CIDA on or before
4 May 2012.
- A CV with three references and one page cover letter explaining interest and suitability for the post should be submitted, clearly marked Application for ‘Lead Evaluator’, ‘Associate Evaluator/Gender Specialist’ or ‘Joint Application for Evaluation Services’.
- Only applicants who meet minimum requirements stated in the Terms of Reference (ToR) will be considered Potential applicants should send an e-mail to Lebo.Mafhara@psu-southafrica.org requesting for the ToR for the evaluation before preparing and sending their applications or download the ToR from
- Individuals are not prohibited from making joint application for the Lead and Associate Evaluator roles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks from closing date.
- All CVs received will be assessed for possible inclusion in the PSU Consultants’ roster and may be selected for similar assignments in future.
- All applications should be forwarded to: Lebo.Mafhara@psu-southafrica.org
- Deadline for applications is 19th of February 2012.