The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti)
Call for nominations of members to serve on the standing advisory committee on intellectual property rights.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS OF MEMBERS TO SERVE ON THE STANDING ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Section 40 of the Copyrights Act, No. 98 of 1978 (‘the Act’) establishes a committee to be called the Standing Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property Rights (SACIP).
In compliance with the provisions of the Act, the Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Rob Davies (MP), hereby invites nominations of persons as candidates for appointment as members of SACIP as contemplated in Section 40 of the Act.
Qualifications for membership:
- Sound knowledge and experience in Intellectual Property, with emphasis on trademarks, patents and designs, copyrights and indigenous knowledge related to intellectual property.
- Persons designated and appointed to be members of the SACIP must have applicable qualifications and satisfy the requirements set out in Section 40 of the Act.
Term of office of members of the SACIP:
Members will serve for a period of three years.
Enquiries: Mukona Mphidi, Tel (012) 394 1629
- Nominations must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and a written statement in which the nominee declares whether he or she is disqualified as referred to in Section 21 of the Act.
- No facsimile applications will be accepted.
- Nominations are subject to the preferred candidates obtaining the necessary security clearance.
- the dti is an affirmative action employer. Preference will be given to candidates whose appointment will enhance representivity.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
Nominations should be submitted to the Minister of Trade and Industry in writing for the attention of:
Ms Mukona Mphidi
Assistant Director: Regulatory Services
Consumer and Corporate Regulation Division
OR Block B, First Floor
Department of Trade and Industry
77 Meintjies Street
Private Bag X84 Sunnyside
Pretoria 0001 Pretoria 0002
Fax: (012) 394 2629
Closing date: 23 March 2012
the dti website: www.thedti.gov.za
the dti Customer Contact Centre: 0861 843 384