Contractor to conduct an impact assessment study on the HCBC Support Programme.
Request for Proposals
Contractor to conduct an impact assessment study on the HCBC Support Programme as implemented by the South African Department of Social Development
The overall purpose of the study is to conduct the current impact assessment of the HCBC Programme and to determine its future strategic direction.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertaking a comprehensive front end analysis of the program
- Develop a detailed evaluation and mapping protocol Implement the impact assessment process
- Conduct a mapping exercise
- Prepare a range of reports on the findings of the evaluation and participate in the provision of feedback and dissemination of key findings
Evaluation Team- Required expertise and experience:
The evaluation team should comprise of individuals with the following expertise
- Extensive evaluation experience particularly in South Africa
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking similar studies (conducting national or multi-site impact assessment studies or mapping exercises)
- Understanding and knowledge of the HCBC programme
- Capacity for large scale quantitative data management, coding and analysis
- Service providers with HCBC-related assessment experience
- Experience working with the Department of Social Development or other government departments at national level
- Extensive experience in employing both qualitative and quantitative data collection methods including participatory evaluation techniques
- Demonstrated experience in mapping at community level
- High level of communication skills, including report writing skills and language proficiency as appropriate for data collection
- Ability to absorb input from stakeholders and amend deliverables accordingly
Please submit comprehensive proposals that address the requirements of the RFPs electronically to Daniel Bakken at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13th 2012 at 5pm South African time. Late submissions will not be considered. Please ensure the subject line states ‘Application - Impact Assessment study on DSD HCBC Program”.