Request for Applications (RFA) from NGOs, FBOs and CBOs
RFA Ref No:
USAID Contract No 674-C-00-10-00100-00
Futures Group through its USAID Sexual HIV Prevention Programme (SHIPP) is seeking proposals from non-governmental organizations (NGOs), faith based organizations (FBOs) and community based organizations (CBOs) to support the capacity of Zululand District Municipality to plan, coordinate, implement and monitor the HIV Prevention policy and programmes. The programme will be implemented in the Zululand District Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal.
SHIPP is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and South African
Government (SAG) fl agship bilateral project, with the aim of delivering measurable HIV prevention outcomes. This is achieved by building capacity through technical assistance to manage HIV combination prevention at national, provincial and district levels of government and within communities, with a specific focus at community level.
USAID | SHIPP programme has the following objectives:
- Strengthen the leadership capacity of SAG departments and structures that effectively coordinate, implement, and evaluate HIV prevention programming at national, provincial and local (district) spheres of government.
- Strengthen priority HIV prevention service delivery systems in the departments of health and education at all levels, including the community level.
- Improve the quality, effectiveness, and coverage of HIV prevention programmes at the community level.
The Guidelines for Grant Application and the Grant Application Form is available as follows:
1. Electronic copy can be requested from the following email address:
2. Hard copy can be collected from Futures Group/SHIPP, 310 Brooks Street, Menlopark, Pretoria, 0181, Gauteng, South Africa.
The deadline for submission of Grant Application Form is 30 April 2012 at 16h00 local time.