Request for Proposals
Request for Proposals (RFP) for a Contractor to produce a Health Promotion Compendium to complement the PC 101 Clinical Management Guidelines
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To assist the National Department of Health (DoH) to produce two compendiums on health promotion for chronic disease conditions (communicable, non-communicable and mental health). The aim of these compendiums is to improve knowledge and skills of primary health care providers in South Africa. One compendium will be aimed at nurse/doctor practitioners at Primary Health Care (PHC) facilities while the second will be aimed at Community Health Workers (CHWs) within the PHC outreach teams. In addition to the compendiums, the contractor will also be required to develop corresponding training packages and pilot the trainings in four different workshops.
• Minimum of a post graduate degree/diploma in health and/or social sciences with recognized certificate in training in communication/health promotion strategies;
• Demonstrated experience in the development, design and production of curricula and relevant health promotion materials;
• Experience in designing and delivering similar health promotion tools and training programs in the health sector;
• Demonstrable understanding of South African Government programmes and systems;
• Demonstrable strong writing skills;
• Professional editing skills.
Please note that an RFP briefing session will be held on the 10th of August at the South African National Department of Health’s offices. Please refer to the full RFP document for details on how to RSVP for this event.
Please submit comprehensive proposals that address the requirements of the RFP electronically to [email protected] by 17 August 2012 at 17h00 (5pm) South African time. Late submissions will not be considered.
Please ensure that the email subject line states “Application – Health promotion compendiums and training materials”. The complete Request for Proposals (RFP) may be found at www.pactsa.org.za/rfp. Please report any problems with accessing this site to Sylvester Beck at [email protected] or 012 361 9885.