REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) FROM THE SERVICE PROVIDERS IN RESPECT OF DIGITAL SET-TOP-BOX(STB) PRODUCTION FOR LOCAL MANUFACTURING COMPANIES FOR GOVERNMENT SUBSIDISED TV OWNING HOUSEHOLDS
In order to ensure compliance with the designation and local content aspects of the most recent Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (PPPFA) regulations which came into effect on 7 December 2011, all bidders are required to complete the SBD 6.2 form as revised (declaration certifi cate for local production and content for designated sectors). In summary, the revised SBD6.2 document and the amendments to the RFP entail the following:
• Closing date has been has been extended to 14 September 2012.
• The stipulated minimum threshold for local production and content for the STB sector is set at 30%. See Sections 4.4, 4.5, 13.8 and 13.9 of the revised RFP for details.
• In terms of the revised PPPFA, local content and functionality are a requirement to proceed to the second stage in the bid evaluation process. (See Section 13.6 and 13.7 of the revised RFP).
• The section on National Industrial Participation Programme (NIPP) has been removed. The reason is that where an industry or sector has been designated for local production, NIPP or offset obligation is not a requirement.
• Antennas no longer need to be quoted for.
N.B REVISED RFP’S WITH AMENDED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE - www.doc.gov.za
Making South Africa a Global Leader in Harnessing ICTs for Socio-economic Development