City Power said on Saturday that electricity had been restored and power shortages experienced now were not related to the strike.
"Any remaining power interruptions are not the result of the illegal work stoppage," City Power spokesperson Sol Masolo said in a statement.
But isolated power failures, unrelated to the strike, had not been dealt with yet, Masolo said.
A few hundred disgruntled workers downed tools on Wednesday over a new shift structure, which led to widespread power failures. City Power said the new shifts were to improve service delivery. Masolo said regional command centres had been set up to ensure no further tampering of the power network.
"The centres have dispatched task teams to depots and improved security across all regions to prevent further tampering."
On Friday, Gauteng community safety MEC Faith Mazibuko said striking workers had "sabotaged" sub-stations around the city which she said amounted to "terrorism".
City Power on Saturday said it had met with two unions about the strike. The company committed itself to negotiating with two unions only—the South African Municipal Workers' Union and the Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union—due to "formal channels previously agreed on".
Masolo did not elaborate on this.
"In the meeting, which was an information-sharing session, City Power indicated its concern about the manner in which striking employees disrupted the network," Masolo said in a statement. "It shared the steps taken to ensure a continuous electricity supply." – Sapa