While Twitter takes over the ANC's attempt at a social media campaign, we meme our way through the tag.
A campaign, gone wrong, gone viral. I expected nothing less from the ANC.
Its attempt to reclaim the #ProudlyBroughtByANC tag on Twitter emerged as belly-aching laughter and pointy fingers, all at the expense of the party who took it to the Twitter waves with purpose.
Come on Jackson Mthembu, you can't tell me you didn't see that one coming?
I could let all of this slide, but it's just too good. So in the hope of inspiring some more laughter, here are five memes you can thank me for later.
Also, in the spirit of gratuity, I suggest you thank the ANC as well. Because if laughter is in fact the best medicine, then the ANC on this occassion is solely responsible for our good health!
Let's take a look:
1. Oh United States who? The ANC owns this little tagline on ALL dollar bills. But that's only because "If you don't respect those in leadership, if you don't respect authority then you are bordering on a curse", couldn't fit on a single note. Don't believe me? Check the profit in their pockets. That is all.
2. Thank you to the guys from the East Side Movement for getting this track some radio time. But while you kids were still in nappies, the ANC was busy owning plenty of G6s (metaphor guys, come on?) with a side of arms deal. Sidenote: I wonder if ANC actually just stands for A National Commission (of inquiry)?
3. Don't be ridiculous. This is not a song made famous by 50 Cent. This is the ultimate Zuma serenade. Preach!
4. Now many of you may not be aware of this condition, and that's probably because it affects a tiny, tiny portion of the population, including right-winger Dan Roodt. Some have called it a phantom condition. But it does exist, "they" say.
5. This one does not need a lot of explaining. So I suggest we all just take a moment of silence, please, while we reflect on our deeply sincere gratitude. Thank you ANC.
And in case you are not convinced by this list of memes or any of the other many things that are proudly brought to you by the ANC ...
There's this ...