Bastille rock Jo'burg in 7 Instagrams
Come rain or come shine; fans in Jo'burg were not deterred by wet weather at Emmarentia Dam, where indie rockers Bastille entertained crowds.
Bastille enjoyed a packed field of 15 000 smiling and eager fans on Saturday when they played at Emmarentia Dam to end off their South African tour. Lead singer Dan Smith mentioned that it was the band's biggest headline gig to date.
The UK indie-rock group was supported by singer Matthew Mole, the jazz-influenced Beatenberg and die-hard rockers Bed on Bricks. Fans waited in anticipation for one of those famous Jo'burg passing rain showers to subside before the band came on and entertained with hits like Things We Lost in the Fire, Pompeii and Flaws.
Here are some of the Instagrams shared on the day:
Concertgoers are seen relaxing beneath the dark, threatening clouds.
2. The long wait: Bastille ended their set with Pompei, supported on stage by Bed on Bricks.
3. Instagram user @emeales_x shared this picture of the crowd.
4. Bastille's lead singer Smith serenades the audience with his vocal skills.
5. An energised crowd gets their hands in the air for Bastille's cover of the club classic Rythm is a Dancer.
6. Bed on Bricks pose with the South African flag toward the end of the show. Bastille's Smith's parents are from South Africa.
7. The crowd used umbrellas and makeshift canopies as shield from the rain just before the band played their set.