- Motlanthe: Mangaung will be the ANC's decider
Kgalema Motlanthe believes the ANC's Mangaung conference could help restore the public's confidence in the party by formulating clear policies.
- Joemat-Petterson says Zuma is the 'best available'
Agriculture Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson supports President Jacob Zuma for a second term in office "unreservedly".
- Cosatu throws its weight behind Zuma's second term
Cosatu has announced that it will back President Jacob Zuma for a second term as ANC leader at the party's elective conference in December.
- Motlanthe book launch fires off ANC leadership race
Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe's book launch turned into a rowdy pro-change rally favouring the enigmatic leader, despite his attempts otherwise.
- Caught in a web of violence and political inertia
The myriad problems confronting South Africa come at a highly inconvenient time for the African National Congress, writes Rapule Tabane.
- ANC branches claim audits are political
The ANC in the Western Cape is concerned that too many of its branches have been disqualified after an audit ahead of the Mangaung conference.
- ANC to focus on 'strategic nationalisation'
According to recommendations from its policy conference, the ANC has rejected "wholesale nationalisation" in favour of "strategic nationalisation".
- Mashatile calls for leadership change at Mangaung
Arts and Culture Minister Paul Mashatile has called for a "new generation of leadership" at the ANC's upcoming elective conference in Mangaung.
- Ethekwini throws muscle behind Zuma
When the time comes to nominate new ANC leadership, the party's eThekwini region will support President Jacob Zuma, its chairperson says.
- Much ado about nothing at ANC policy conference
The policies adopted at the 4th ANC policy conference propose nothing more than change through the continuity of current government policy.