- Obama's victory and SA: Live video
What does Barack Obama's win mean for SA, if anything? Watch our live video featuring the US embassy and send us your questions and comments.
- Deep Read: Obama win more impressive than 2008
The euphoria of 2008 has gone, but the US president's second win is remarkable precisely because it is not as symbolic, writes Gary Younge.
- Democrats hold on to Senate, Republicans retain House
Reports say the Democrats will retain control of the US Senate, after earlier reports said Republicans would keep the House of Representatives.
- Obama's new term: How much will US policy change?
Projections show Barack Obama winning a second term in office over Republican challenger Mitt Romney. But what does this mean for US policy?
- Re-election: Obama won on the economy
In the end, US President Barack Obama won re-election on the issue that was supposed to send him packing: the country's sluggish economy.
- Obama makes history again with certain re-election
Projections have shown Barack Obama will be re-elected president, beating Mitt Romney despite slow economic recovery and high unemployment in the US.
- Marijuana: Two US states vote to legalise it
Colorado has become the first US state to approve a proposal to legalise marijuana, including for recreational use, along with Washington state.
- Projections shows Romney ahead for now, Obama making strides
President Barack Obama defeated Republican challenger Mitt Romney in the crucial battleground of New Hampshire, US TV networks have projected.
- In dark and cold, Americans cast first ballots
From a symbolic hamlet to a swing state neighbouring Washington to the storm-scarred streets of New York, Americans rose early to cast ballots.
- Artistically left: Obama's art army
The giants of US art are backing Barack Obama for president. But then, writes Jonathan Jones, America's artists have always leaned left.