- Good shot South Africa
Four Mail & Guardian staffers share their experiences of attending Confederations Cup matches.
- Bloem's feisty fanfare
Things that Bloemfontein football fans do ahead of a match can leave you both in stitches and astonished.
- Festival of Champs serves up new stars
Some of the best players in the world have been in action at the Fifa Confederations Cup 2009 and it is safe to say that they have not disappointed.
- Blatter: Confederations Cup a success
South Africa's ability to host the 2010 World Cup was given a big pass mark by Fifa president Sepp Blatter on Friday.
- Confed Cup has united South Africa, say football chiefs
Organisers of the Confederations Cup on Friday hailed the tournament for uniting South Africans in a way no other sporting code has managed.
- Alonso free kick gives Spain third in Confed Cup
Spain secured third place at the Confederations Cup on Sunday when Xabi Alonso curled home a long-range free kick to give them a 3-2 win.
- Double from Luis Fabiano rescues Brazil
Defending champions Brazil fought back from 2-0 down to beat the United States 3-2 and win the Confederations Cup for the third time.
- Fabiano -- Brazil's new golden boy
Kaka might steal all the headlines but Luis Fabiano has emerged from the Confederations Cup as one of Brazil's new golden boys.
- If we can't beat 'em, we'll blow 'em away
If the Egypt players were subject to terrible damage in Egypt, they were subject to terrible damage control in South Africa.
- Vuvuzelas too raucous for security guards
I can understand why some fans hate the sound of the vuvuzela at the stadiums.