- Eviction appeal gets Concourt all fired up
On his first day as chief justice, Mogoeng Mogoeng, along with other judges, faced housing issues head on
- Zille the hell in after Zuma cancels Mogoeng meeting
DA leader Helen Zille is less than impressed after President Zuma indicated he had no need to discuss the DA submission on Justice Mogoeng in person.
- Meet Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng, says Zuma
President Jacob Zuma has formally appointed Judge Mogoeng Mogoeng as South Africa's new chief justice and head of the country's judiciary.
- Mogoeng: Underwhelming exchange
Before President Jacob Zuma's sole nominee for chief justice was interviewed by the JSC, we argued that Mogoeng Mogoeng was unsuited to the job.
- Zuma applauds 'dignified' Mogoeng
President Jacob Zuma has heaped praise on new Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng for maintaining a "dignified silence" during an onslaught.
- Down by law
Does anyone remember a time when lawyers occupied an affectionate place in the heart of society, rather than their more recent bleak outhouse?
- Judicial own goal a serious setback
The past few weeks have not been a happy time for the judiciary. None of these developments is of the judiciary's making.
- Courting disaster with the judiciary
That the ANC and its president, Jacob Zuma, have an adversarial relationship with the judiciary is no longer a matter of conjecture.
- Zuma frets over new court case challenge
The Democratic Alliance's bid to overturn the dropping of corruption charges against President Jacob Zuma is critical to the ANC's succession race.
- Politics enters Gauteng judicial race
The succession race for the position of judge president of the North and South Gauteng High Courts has begun and has taken on political overtones.