- Rhino poaching: Reserves must up game
Andrew Parker's point about inertia in the conservation industry is exacerbated by the fatigue and frustration associated with academic debate.
- Inaction is the worst possible rhino strategy
Legalisation of international trade will not eliminate rhino poaching, but it will save a species, writes Andrew Parker.
- SA pushes for legal trade in rhino horn
Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa has thrown her weight behind controversial calls for the legalisation of trade in rhino horn.
- Vietnam denies rhino horn charges
Confronted by the evidence, the country rounds on those trying to force it to stop the trade.
- SA puts halt on total ban on rhino trophy exports
South Africa has announced its opposition to a total ban on rhino trophy exports, saying it has beefed up hunt rules.
- Deadliest year yet for Africa's rhinos and elephants
Africa's rhinos and elephants have been poached in near record numbers in 2012, with surging demand for horn and ivory driving the slaughter.
- Save the rhino! Castrate a white dude
Chris Roper ponders the National Press Club's decision to make the rhino Newsmaker of the Year 2012, and what this says about the media.
- 102 rhinos killed this year
A total of 102 rhino have been killed since the beginning of the year, says the department of environmental affairs.
- Six rhinos killed for their horns in N West
As the number of rhino's poached for their horns in 2012 nears 500 in South Africa, another six have been killed in the North West province.
- Deep in the trenches of the war on rhinos
In an edited extract from his book Killing for Profit, Julian Rademeyer offers a glimpse into two sides of the complicated battle in the bush.