- Cow's milk a bad formula for later life
Research shows that in contrast to breast milk, tinned milk's propensity to overfeed can cause weight problems in adulthood.
- 'Manopause' exists -- but is rare
The inevitable reduction of testosterone could initiate andropause.
- Is SA ready to exploit telemedicine?
Though it could make a great difference to the lives of the rural poor, technology is a stumbling block.
- Dementia: SA's hidden disease
Lack of awareness and fear leads to the symptoms often being put down to old age or witchcraft.
- Depression in teenagers brings on the worst of times
Thousands of under-16s are on antidepressants in the UK and mental health problems in the young are on the rise.
- Donors crucial to battle against HIV/Aids
More lives are being saved from HIV/Aids than ever before and eight developing countries now give drug treatment to all those who need it.
- SA failing to reduce child deaths
Experts point to gross inefficiencies in a dysfunctional healthcare system.
- Dire lack of birth-control education
World Contraception Day puts spotlight on limited reproductive health information for South African women.
- Cooking for guests on a special diet
The ingredients to avoid -- and recipes to enjoy.
- Drug could double life of donor organs
Doctors are to begin the trial of a treatment that could double the time transplanted organs survive in the body.