- Nelson Mandela back in hospital with lung infection
Former president Nelson Mandela has been admitted to an undisclosed hospital, says the presidency.
- Mandela has recovered, says presidency
The government says Nelson Mandela has recovered from a lung infection and gallstone surgery, which kept him in hospital for nearly three weeks.
- Mandela puts the ball in FW's court
The battle between the government and the ANC is now on the centre court but no one appears to be serving up the aces.
- What FW was really telling Mandela
In his television address FW de Klerk presented himself as the reasonable man. But beneath the benign tone lay a much harsher message.
- How the West was nearly won
In an interview here this week, African National Congress president Nelson Mandela dwelt at some length on the pressure exerted by mass action.
- How will Mandela use his mandate?
If this week's mass action was Nelson Mandela's "referendum" he has clearly won a handsome mandate.
- Right, the mandie starts here
Mandela's face on our notes more pleasing to the Western world.
- Mandela admitted to hospital for specialist treatment
Former president Nelson Mandela has been admitted to hospital to receive specialist treatment for an abdominal complaint.
- Madiba said to be in good health, home soon
The Presidency has just released a statement that former president Nelson Mandela was "not in any danger" and was in a "satisfactory condition".
- Nelson Mandela: SA prepares for the day it fears most
The former president's death, whenever it comes, could have a profound impact on the nation's identity.