REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Software development company to develop a custom software system for the new DSD NPO database web application.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To develop, in cooperation with the Department of Social Development (DSD), the new web-based NPO database system to replace the current system.
- Create a functional and a technical specification based on the User Requirements Specification Document (URSD) which has been completed.
- Develop a custom software system to satisfy the URSD under supervision of third party project manager.
- Thoroughly test the system against all specifications.
- Compile any necessary documentation and manuals as may be required.
- Complete a rigorous end user training and user acceptance testing protocol.
- Migrate all data in current system to new system and take system to production.
- Experience working with government, specifically DSD.
- Experience developing functional and technical specifications documents.
- Experience in website design.
- Experience in developing, launching and maintaining database driven web applications.
- Experience in web application content development and editing.
- Experience designing reports.
- Experience in software development, specifically with .net/C sharp and Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in software testing life cycle (e.g. requirements review, test case design & execution).
- Experience in systems integration in terms of database and interface.
- Experience in drafting user and operational manuals.
- Ability to work under pressure and commitment to work to a tight time frame.
Please submit comprehensive proposals that address the requirements of the RFP electronically to Daniel Bakken at [email protected] by 2 December 2011 at 17:00 (5pm) South African time. Late submissions will not be considered.
Please ensure that the subject line states - APPLICATION - NPO WEBSITE/DATABASE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT. The complete Request for Proposals (RFP) may be found at
Please report any problems with accessing this site to Francois Lubbe at [email protected] or 012 361 9885