Call for nominations for non-executive directors of WESSA's board.
WESSA (the Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa) is looking to appoint Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) to its Board, based on fulfilling the requirements of WESSA’s Employment Equity (EE) strategy. As such, this opportunity is restricted to EE candidates. Board members serve on a volunteer basis and their position is not remunerated.
The focus of the new NED’s activities will be of a strategic nature in any, or all, of the following areas:
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Governance
- Digital Branding and Social Media.
Their strategic role on the Board will be to strongly support the Board and Executive team with:
- Opening doors to potential partner organisations with the aim of forging mutually beneficial strategic relationships.
- Developing corporate/government engagements that lead to sustainable channels of fundraising.
We are looking for individuals who have considerable depth of talent, executive demeanour, a very high external corporate/government/environmental reputation, network reach and specific subject expertise.
Individuals to be considered should:
- Be an expert within their respective fields
- Be in a very senior position in an appropriate profession
- Have a high level of contacts within the field
- Be prepared to make a meaningful contribution to WESSA’s endeavours and to provide guidance and advice to the board.
Applications, accompanied by a detailed CV should be emailed to Catherine Ritchie at [email protected] by Friday 8 July 2016.