Advertise With The Mail & Guardian
Want to reach over 1 000 000 affluent readers?
Be part of the M&G Online community and promote your products or services to over 1 000 000 monthly unique visitors generating more than six million monthly page impressions (audited by the DMMA).
The Mail & Guardian Online is one of South Africa’s top twenty websites, as measured and audited by the Digital Media and Marketing Association (DMMA). It is one of the country’s five biggest online newspapers. It was the first internet-based news publication in Africa. Launched in early 1994, it is reputed internationally for its quality content. The M&G Online has received numerous accolades and awards, including three international Webby Honouree awards ("Internet Oscars") in 2008; and voted one of the world’s top 175 websites by Forbes.com.
Contact our sales team
Print Advertising - Bryan Khumalo
Email: [email protected] Phone: +27 (0)11 250 7300 Mobile: +27 (0)83 272 2112
Online Advertising - Thulani Pfende
Email: [email protected] Phone: +27 (0)11 250 7300 Mobile: +27 (0)76 400 0080
The M&G Online appeals to the top LSMs, including the political and business classes and the country’s intelligentsia. The publication attracts a readership that is above market aggregate in both income and education categories.
Our website has content like no other, and our readers are not what you would commonly find:
- M&G Online Unique users : 1 000 723
- Daily Average Users : 50 673
- Mobile Users : 60.46%
- 82% of our traffic is within South Africa
- There is a 71.30% male and 28.70% female split.
- 53.53 % of our readers have a Postgraduate qualification and 28.44% have an Undergraduate qualification
- They are high-net worth individuals with disposable income to travel and purchase moderate to luxurious items.
- 91% are over the age of 25 years.
- 63% have a Facebook account and 38% have a Twitter account
- Average session duration 01:13
- Top 3 interests are Luxury goods, Travel and higher Education.
- 49% are decision makers in their households
Click here to download our advertising terms and conditions