Subscribe and support independent journalism
Good journalism is worth paying for
Thank you for enjoying independent journalism in South Africa and the Mail & Guardian.
You have read four free stories this month, and we need to ask you to take out a subscription or register for a free account to keep reading.
For a limited time, we’re offering loyal readers the chance to start an annual subscription for just R500 in your first year. That’s a saving of more than half our normal price.
Existing subscribers can sign into their account here. Alternatively, you can register for a free Mail & Guardian account here. You will receive our newsletter, The Ampersand, and be able to read two more stories a month for free.
- R250 per quarter after your first three months
- Special offer: Less than half price in your first year
Digital & Print
- Increases to R1950 after first year
Select your level
Mail & Guardian subscribers…
- Are supporting independent journalism
- Can access all articles online – including premium subs-only features
- Get a digital version of the weekly newspaper
- Can try the weekly cryptic crossword (maybe even complete it)
- Receive the Ampersand, our daily newsletter
- Receive special subscriber-only newsletters and alerts
- Get invited to subscriber only, bi-monthly events
- Will be invited to test new online features, first
- Can cancel at any time
Pay by EFT
If you would like to pay by EFT, please pay the amount indicated below and email your proof of payment along with your contact details to [email protected]
BANKING DETAILS FIRST NATIONAL BANK CORPORATE
ACC NAME Media Distribution Africa (Pty) Ltd
BRANCH CODE 250655
Acc No 62101720482
Please use your 10-digit phone number as a reference and we will call you back.
If you are a pensioner, a student or are looking for a corporate subscription, please contact our customer services department. Email: [email protected] Telephone: +27 (0)11 447 0696 Ext 7412
Please note – print subscriptions can only be delivered to South African addresses.