Bomb scare at ANC headquarters

About 60 people were evacuated from the African National Congress (ANC) headquarters, Luthuli House in Sauer Street in Johannesburg, following a bomb scare that was received on Thursday morning.

“The switchboard received the bomb scare at 8am this morning ... everyone in the building was then immediately evacuated,” said ANC spokesperson Steyn Speed.

The police later declared Luthuli House safe following the bomb scare.

“Members of the bomb squad have declared the building safe, and work will continue as normal,” said Speed.

The metro police also opened two streets in the area that had been cordoned off.—Sapa



blog comments powered by Disqus

Client Media Releases

MTN zero rates access to university online content.
Soweto communities to benefit from eKasiLabs programme
Sentech achieves clean audit again
NWU to offer Indigenous Language Media in Africa course