News

Advocate Barbie faces R1,2m claim from victims

Staff Reporter

Convicted sex offender Cezanne Visser, also known as Advocate Barbie, is being sued by her victims for R1,2-million.

Convicted sex offender Cezanne Visser, also known as Advocate Barbie, is being sued by her victims for R1,2-million, the Star reported on Wednesday.

“They were deeply scarred on a psychological level and they were belittled—especially as they were orphans at the time,” said their lawyer, Pieter Van R Coetzee.

Two victims from Pretoria are claiming R600 000 each in damages for the costs of counselling and the anguish and trauma suffered as a result of the sexual abuse by Visser and allegedly her former boyfriend, Dirk Prinsloo.

The two were 11 and 15-years-old when the abuse happened more than eight years ago.

Their lawyer said their papers had been filed in the High Court in Pretoria and Visser had 10 court days to respond.

She is currently serving a seven-year term after being convicted last year on 11 charges relating to sexual offences involving children and adults.

Prinsloo is currently in a Belarus jail for a bank robbery conviction. He fled to Belarus to avoid the sex-crimes trial in South Africa.

Visser’s third victim, Jeannine du Plessis, committed suicide at the age of 21 in March this year. - Sapa

Topics In This Section

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus