Krejcir lawyer obtains interdict against O'Sullivan
The lawyer for fraud-accused Radovan Krejcir has obtained an interdict against investigator Paul O’Sullivan to stop him from allegedly threatening him and his family with assault.
“The high court in Johannesburg granted an interim order pending a final hearing on April 12,” lawyer Piet du Plessis said on Wednesday.
He turned to court on Tuesday evening after saying O’ Sullivan, who was reportedly involved in the investigation against Krejcir, sent him a threatening email.
“It’s got to do with him threatening myself, my family and my colleagues at the firm with violence. It interdicts him from proceeding with this conduct.”
Du Plessis said he received the email at 11.35am on Tuesday, shortly after Krejcir, who is said to be a fugitive of law in his home country Czechoslovakia, made a low-key appearance at the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court.
“From the contents of the said email, it is unfortunately clear that Mr O’Sullivan ... is now threatening the personal safety not only to myself but also my wife and family as well as my colleagues,” said Du Plessis.
O’Sullivan told the South African Press Association on Tuesday evening that he would not comment.
“I am not going to be drawn into a public spat,” O’Sullivan said in an email.
Krejcir (42) is being held on a charge of fraud, but is also being investigated in connection with a series of murders.
These include the death of underworld boss Cyril Beeka, who was shot dead in a drive-by shooting in Cape Town last week.
An alleged hit list was found during the raid at Krejcir’s house in Bedfordview, Johannesburg, last Tuesday.
On the list were the names of Beeka, O’Sullivan, state prosecutor Riegal du Toit and a doctor who had made a deal with the state to testify against Krejcir.
The fraud charge relates to a R4,5-million claim Krejcir allegedly made to an insurance company after obtaining medical papers stating he had cancer. - Sapa