THE DEPARTMENT OF TRADE INDUSTRY (the dti)
An Audit and Risk Committee is established in accordance with the Section 77 of the Public Finance Management Act, No 1 of 1999, as amended. The Audit and Risk Committee is an oversight body which operates and discharges its duties in accordance to section 27.1 of the Treasury Regulations. The Committee shall consist of six members.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to be appointed as members of the Audit and Risk Committee of the Companies Tribunal (“the Tribunal”) which is established in terms of 193 of the Companies Act, 2008 (Act No.71 of 2008), as amended. The Tribunal is an independent juristic person with jurisdiction throughout South Africa obliged to perform its functions impartially and without fear, favour or prejudice and in a transparent manner.
Applicants should ideally be qualified and have experience in any of the following:
• Auditing and Accounting
• Corporate Governance and Compliance
• Risk Management/Financial Risk
• Organisational Performance Management and Legal Expertise
• Supply Chain Management
• Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Relevant Legislation to Companies Tribunal Environment
• Information Communication Technology
Candidates should demonstrate experience in participating in governance structures, the ability to dedicate time to the activities of the Tribunal Audit and Risk Committee, analytical reasoning abilities, good communication skills and integrity.
Duties: The Audit and Risk Committee will be accountable to Companies Tribunal members and shall oversee the following:
• Financial management and other reporting practices
• Internal controls and the management of risks
• Compliance with laws, regulations and good ethical practices
• Interna/external audit function
• Fraud prevention function
• Effectiveness and level of compliance with applicable legislation
Term of Appointment and Remuneration: Term of office will be three years, which be reviewed by the Accounting Authority. Appointed applicants will be remunerated at rates published by National Treasury.
Enquiries: Ms Busi Ngwenya - Telephone: 012 394 1574
Ms Busi Ngwenya
Consumer and Corporate Regulation Division, Department of Trade and Industry Block B, First Floor, 77 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria, 0002 or Department of Trade and Industry Private Bag X84, Pretoria, 0001
Closing date: 25 May 2012
the dti website: www.thedti.gov.za
the dti Customer Contact Centre: 0861 843 384