'The Spear' gets 16N rating
- How Zuma's bid to halt 'The Spear' case was derailed
- Mantashe must sharpen his spear
- Racialising the debate polarises our society
- ANC and Goodman Gallery reach agreement on 'Spear'
- The best way to deal with 'The Spear'
This means that children under the age of 16 may not have access to the artwork, because it displays nudity.
“The FPB therefore presents to you that a classification rating of ‘16N’ has been decided upon by the classification committee for the artwork by Brett Murray titled The Spear,” it said in a statement.
“Any persons or entities wishing to publish and exhibit images and/or replicas of this specific artwork will in future have to put in place mechanisms to regulate access to this piece of art by members of the public below the age of 16.”
The painting, which was vandalised last Tuesday, depicted President Jacob Zuma with his genitals exposed. – Sapa