Alexkor Soc Limited
(RFP NUMBER: 01/2012)
Please request full tender document from the details provided in 7.3 below. Issue Date: 24 July 2012. Response Deadline: 8 August 2012 at 16h00
1. INTRODUCTION: Alexkor SOC Limited (“Alexkor”) is a state owned company (“SOC”) incorporated in terms of the Alexkor SOC Limited Act No 29 of 2001. In addition to the founding legislation, Alexkor being an SOC, is governed by the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 as amended from time to time (“the PFMA”) as well as the Treasury Regulation passed in terms of the PFMA and the Companies Act No 71 of 2008 (“the Companies Act”). Alexkor’s primary objective has been to undertake diamond mining operations in its diamonds mines located in Alexander Bay.
2. PURPOSE: Alexkor would therefore like to invite eligible audit firms to submit proposal for external auditing services for the financial year commencing on 1 April 2012.
3. SCOPE OF SERVICES REQUIRED: Alexkor requires the service of an External Auditor to carry out the annual audits of its financial statements for the period of a year, or such others period as may be approved by its shareholder, the Department of Public Enterprises (“DPE”). Interested firms are invited to submit written proposals and provide information indicating their professional capabilities and experience in providing the required services. In addition to the above stated requirements, the audit firm must note that the appointment will be subject to ratification by the Shareholder at the Company’s annual general meeting scheduled for 7 September 2012.
4. EVALUATION CRITERIA: The following criteria will be used for the evaluation of the bid:
• Pricing • Technical Criteria • Black Economic Empowerment
5. PRESENTATIONS BY SHORT LISTED FIRMS: Candidates that are selected to the short list may be required to do a brief presentation of their detailed proposals to Alexkor. Candidates will be advised of their respective presentation time at least 3 days prior to the presentation date.
6. ACCEPTANCE OF TENDER: Alexkor is not obliged to accept any tender that is submitted and further reserves the right to terminate the process and /or amend the dates, at its own discretion.
7. SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION
7.1 Printed copies: The original officials forms included in the tender pack must be placed in a separate envelope. Alexkor requires five (5) printed copies of all other submitted documents. Tenderers are required to clearly mark the printed copies and envelopes with your company details. The printed copies of your submission must be couriered or hand delivered to the following address and marked as follows: Tender Ref. No. 01/2012, Alexkor SOC Limited, 4th Floor, 158 Jan Smuts Avenue, Rosebank, 2196
7.2 Submission deadline: This request for proposal closes at 16h00 on the 8 August 2012 and late submissions will not be considered.
7.3 Enquiries: Please direct your enquiries to Mr William Binedell at: [email protected] or (011) 788 8809.