Many mourners have shared beautiful images while queuing for hours to view the remains of Nelson Mandela at the Union Buildings. Let's take a look.
Many mourners continue to flock to Pretoria to wait patiently in the smouldering highveld sun for their last chance to bid farewell and pay respects to former South African president Nelson Mandela.
On Thursday, queues of people lined up for hours before they could get to the Union Buildings where Mandela lies in state. The vast number of people has been compared to the response during the first free and fair election in 1994.
While waiting, mourners have little to do but capture their experiences. Here's nine beautiful Instagrams submitted by users who are queuing for a viewing.
Instagram user @fanievanrooyen captured this beautiful image of the escorted convoy making its way to the Union Buildings.
2. @boitumelo28 shared this picture on Instagram to illustrate how even in death, Madiba unites people from all walks of life.
3. A queue that snakes it's way to the top – reminiscent of the 1994 election – snapped by @frikkie_awesome.
4. Worth the wait – @llboogy captured this pic to illustrate how mourners who reach the top are able to sign books of condolence to Madiba.
5. @naledij snapped this picture of the "last stretch". Citizens queuing against the backdrop of the stone wall that lines the front of the Union Buildings.
6. @sherika_24 shared this pic of the hearse making its way to the Union Buildings while being guarded by a path of citizens.
7. The Mail & Guardian's @rhodemarshall stood in the queue at the University of Pretoria's LC De Villiers stadium on Wednesday morning, where hordes of people waited their turn to hop on the park and ride buses.