Judith Sephuma investigated for culpable homicide
06 Feb 2013 15:26 | Rhodé Marshall
Police are investigating a case of culpable homicide against the singer after her car ran over the pedestrian last week.
The singer is currently a choirmaster on DStv channel Mzanzi Magic’s new music reality show Clash of the Choirs South Africa.
The channel says Sephuma will continue with the show.
“Judith is still with Clash of the Choirs SA. Mzansi Magic's Clash of the Choirs SA is a pre-recorded reality show competition", Lani Lombard from M-Net's Corporate Communications said.
“Off-air, Clash of the Choirs SA is already in the phase where the choirs face-off on stage. In order not to spoil the outcome of the competition for viewers, we do not want to disclose which choirs and choirmasters are still part of the show."
It has been reported that the woman was on her way to the clinic when the accident occured in Mofolo, Soweto on January 28.
Sephuma took the woman to Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, where the woman died hours later.
The case was originally one of reckless or negligent driving but changed to a culpable homicide case following the death of the unnamed woman.
The singer has not been arrested, nor has a trial date been set. Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela told IOL: "After the investigation is completed, the case will be taken to court for a decision [on whether to prosecute]."
Sephuma’s publicist, Thabo Sephuma declined to comment.
View the original online publication here