Want to reach over 1 000 000 affluent readers?
About the Mail & Guardian Online
Be part of the M&G Online community and promote your products or services to over 1 000 000 monthly unique visitors generating more than six million monthly page impressions (audited by the DMMA).
The Mail & Guardian Online is one of South Africa's top twenty websites, as measured and audited by the Digital Media and Marketing Association (DMMA). It is one of the country’s five biggest online newspapers. It was the first internet-based news publication in Africa. Launched in early 1994, it is reputed internationally for its quality content. The M&G Online hasreceived numerous accolades and awards, including three international Webby Honouree awards ("Internet Oscars") in 2008; and voted one of the world's top 175 websites by Forbes.com.
Contact our sales team
Siphiwe Mathebula ,
Agency Online Sales
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +27 (0)11 250 7328
Mobile: +27 (0)78 659 8244
Fax: +27 (0)11 250 7502
Ad bookings: Tshiamo Legoabe: +27 (0)11 250 7300
The M&G Online appeals to the top LSMs, including the political and business classes and the country's intelligentsia. The publication attracts a readership that is above market aggregate in both income and education categories.
Total monthly readership figures
- 1 051 367 readers/unique browsers per month (as of March 2013);
- 6 717 578 page impressions per month (as of March 2013);
- Over 18 000 users receive email newsletters daily
Our readers are:
- Highly educated (82% beyond matric)
- In the top income bracket (21% have combined household income of R400 000 or more)
- 24% professional; 14% executive/managerial; 15% clerical/administrative
- In the age brackets 18 to 29 and 30 to 39
- 51% have satellite dishes
- 98% own cellphones, of which 60% are internet enabled
- 63% male; 37% female
- 51% own the house in which they live