Seven of the best #TwitterCabinet tweets
What’s in a Cabinet? A whole lot of satire, of course. President Jacob Zuma’s latest Cabinet announcement over the weekend proved great inspiration for social media users who used the opportunity to tweet recommendations for a Cabinet of their own.
It did not take long for the tag #TwitterCabinet to start trending, and while many users tweeted recommendations of a more personal nature, there were a few hilarious suggestions regarding more well known South African public figures.
Let’s take a look at the top seven #TwitterCabinet tweets:
1. Everybody loves them some Thuli. Well, except for Zuma, so I’m not sure how he would feel about this user’s suggestion:
— Juan de Costa (@JCos01) May 26, 2014
2. This position was meant in jest, but the South African government should really consider it:
Minister of kwaito Arthur Mafokate #TwitterCabinet
— Levi Sam (@RealLeviSam) May 26, 2014
3. Perhaps returning basic education minister, Angie Motshekga, would actually be more effective in starting this kind of fire?
#TwitterCabinet angie should be moved energy so that she can do renewable energy by burning textbooks.
— Ahmed (@Mohomed) May 26, 2014
4. No Cabinet is complete without a South African musician pointing out some bad grammar:
— Lvovo Derrango (@LvovoSA) May 25, 2014
5. When you listen to Metro FM and it’s that guy who kind of sounds American but not really. Yeah, that’s TBO Touch, and he’s up for a #TwitterCabinet nomination:
— Kganamatsholo (@kganamatsholo) May 25, 2014
6. Democratic Alliance leader Helen Zille also made the selection list for the #TwitterCabinet, although I don’t think it’s a position of which she would be too proud:
— Andile Ngcobo (@Afuze) May 25, 2014
7. There was some dispute about who should claim the title phuza face minister. These two suggestions fit the bill fairly well, but you decide:
— Makgale-Orjinweke (@DorisM_) May 25, 2014