Justin Bieber: The satirical genius in quotes
Is Justin Bieber the next Charlie Sheen or is he 30 Rock's Tracy Jordan come to life?
Bieber's quotes are so quotable as to be almost planned. Can someone really be this clueless and self-involved? Surely not. Beneath the teased hair and oversized shades lurks the mind of possibly one of the greatest satirists of our times, striving to show us the logical conclusion of the manufactured popstar industrial complex we as a society have created.
His most famous quote to date is probably the note he made in the guest book at the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam. "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a Belieber."
So in celebration of his misunderstood genius, we've rounded up these choice Bieber quotes. And remember: like poetry, his words are best appreciated when read out aloud.
- People write to me and say, "I'm giving up, you're not talking to me." I just write them a simple message like, "Never give up," you know? And it changes their life.
- Singers aren't supposed to have dairy before a show, but we all know I'm a rule breaker.
- It's kind of hard to balance school and work sometimes. But sometimes, like, if I'm going to the White House and I'm in there doing a tour and stuff, that's like school.
- My fans are really loud but they are great. I've never liked someone so much to go up and scream that loud.
- My fans are like my glasses. Without them I'd be blurry.
- I also try to read all of my fan mail. A lot of them send me candy, which I'm not allowed to eat 'cause my mom says it might be poisonous.
- Interviewer: "What keeps you grounded?" Bieber: "Gravity." Interviewer: "What's up, Justin?" Bieber: "The sky, man."
- Sunday comes after Saturday? Weird.
- I have a swagger coach that helps me and teaches me different swaggerific things to do … He has helped me with my style and just putting different pieces together and being able to layer and stuff like that.
- So remember, this is Bieber's world. You're just living in it. Bieber or die.