Welcome to The Continent
The Continent is a weekly newspaper produced in partnership with the Mail & Guardian.
It showcases the best reporting from journalists across Africa.
Although we encourage you to share it every week, please do not share indiscriminately. Pass it on to people who you know will appreciate reliable news from a continental perspective.
How much does The Continent cost?
I hate WhatsApp but I want to get a copy of The Continent. How do I get one?
What is The Continent?
The Continent is a new weekly newspaper that brings together the best reporting on Africa. It is written by journalists across the continent, in partnership with the Mail & Guardian, the continent’s leading independent newspaper.
Why share it on WhatsApp?
By using the same viral networks exploited by disseminators of disinformation, the publication aims to counter the fake news on people’s phones with real news.
How do I subscribe?
Can I get back issues?
Yes — you can download them below.
Looking for an older issue? Try our archives here.
Subscribe to the Mail & Guardian
All subscribers can access all of our work on any device
Digital & Print
- Increases to R1950 after first year
- R250/quarter thereafter (R780 for the year)
- R1 188 for the year
Mail & Guardian subscribers…
- Can cancel at any time
- Are supporting independent journalism
- Can access all articles online – including premium subs-only features
- Get a digital version of the weekly newspaper
- Get bi-monthly special editions
- Can try the weekly cryptic crossword (maybe even complete it)
- Receive the Ampersand, our daily newsletter
- Receive special subscriber-only newsletters and alerts
- Get invited to subscriber only, bi-monthly events
- Will be invited to test new online features, first