South African Trade and Industry Minister Mandisi Mpahlwa says he expects to make an announcement on the National Lottery on Thursday.
At a media briefing at Parliament on Wednesday, he said he was awaiting a report from the National Lotteries Board on the matter.
He said — when he announced that he would make a further statement on the matter at the end of the month — it was in his best calculation that he would be in receipt of that report.
Mpahlwa said he expected that he would receive the report and would be able to make an announcement.
The lottery has been suspended for two months following a Pretoria High Court ruling that the awarding of the contract to preferred bidder Gidani had been flawed and that the entire process must be reviewed.
The Department of Trade and Industry earlier said that the Lotto would only be operational by the end of June. — I-Net Bridge