To enjoy the full Mail & Guardian online experience: please upgrade your browser
10 Apr 2010 10:26
Allegations have emerged that a used condom was found in the farmhouse bedroom where AWB leader Eugene Terre’Blanche was murdered, the Saturday Star newspaper reported.
The newspaper said this has led to claims that Terre’Blanche was involved in a sexual relationship with his alleged killers, 28-year-old Chris Mahlangu and a 15-year-old boy.
The newspaper reported that investigators placed the condom, and its contents, in a crime kit, to be sent for forensic testing. The paper said this may reveal the identity of Terre’Blanche’s sexual partner.
One of the charges made against the alleged killers during court proceedings this week was of crimen injuria.
At the time prosecutor George Baloyi explained the charge of crimen injuria as: “....
they pulled down his [Terre’Blanche’s] pants to his knees and exposed his private parts”.
On Saturday, Mthunzi Mhaga, the spokesperson for the National Prosecuting Authority told the newspaper no further comment would be made on the charge.
“We’ve said enough.
Johannesburg lawyer Zola Majavu, who represents the minor, would neither confirm nor deny reports of the discovery of the condom at the murder scene.
AWB leader Steyn van Ronge at first told the newspaper that he “can’t comment” on the alleged discovery of a used condom at the scene.
Later he told the newspaper that he was not aware that a condom had been found.
“If evidence is presented to support that, I will make a comment,” he then said.
It was previously reported that Terre’Blanche had bought whisky and several bottles of cider on the day he was murdered.
The Saturday Star reported that there were claims that Terre’Blanche had been seen on the morning of his murder at a bottle store with his two alleged killers.
Along with the crimen injuria charge, farmworker Mahlangu, and the minor, have been charged with murder, house breaking and robbery with aggravating circumstances and attempted robbery with aggravating circumstances.
The case was postponed to April 14. The two have not yet pleaded to the charges. - Sapa
Create Account | Lost Your Password?