The M&G reinvites applications for a social justice fellowship
Owing to a technical problem with the email address that was supplied, applicants who previously forwarded their applications must please re-apply.
The Mail & Guardian and the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation are pleased to announce the call for applications for an annual fellowship in social justice reporting. The fellowship is intended to enable a journalist to spend a year focusing on stories that deal with social justice issues, including poverty, inequality, and the realisation of human and socioeconomic rights.
This is a one-year contract post, based at the Johannesburg offices of the Mail & Guardian. The successful candidate will report to the news editor and will be required to provide news and feature content for all platforms of M&G Media Ltd that goes beyond statistics to illuminate the lived experience of poverty in South Africa, and that provides insights into the structural conditions of inequality that continue to divide the country.
Starting date: September 1 2015 or as soon thereafter as possible.
• Demonstrate genuine commitment to social justice
• Have at least three years experience in journalism
• Be prepared to work in challenging urban and rural environments
• Have an understanding of and respect for media law and ethics
• Be willing to work in both print and multimedia formats
• Be able to communicate in at least two official languages
• Have a driver’s licence
Applications should be sent to the human resource department email address: email@example.com.
Closing date: Thursday, June 25 2015.