A post template

No image available
/ 21 August 2006

Two boys killed in hand-grenade tragedy

Two boys died near Cofimvaba after picking up hand grenade they found while hunting, Eastern Cape police said on Monday. ”Police explosives experts said it is an M26 hand grenade of South African origin,” said Superintendent Edwin Taleni after the police explosives unit went to the scene on Monday to identify the type of explosive.

No image available
/ 21 August 2006

White optimistic over Bok injuries

Springbok coach Jake White said on Monday he was optimistic he would have a full squad of 28 to choose from for Saturday’s Tri-Nations Test against New Zealand in Pretoria. ”We’ll see after training this afternoon, but I’m very hopeful the medical staff will give everyone the all-clear,” White told reporters in Pretoria.

No image available
/ 21 August 2006

SA centre stage in Iran nuclear issue

South Africa is trying to help resolve the dispute over Iran’s nuclear programme through separate discussions with the Iranian foreign minister and the United States’s ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency. Iranian Foreign Minister Manuchehr Motakki met Minister of Foreign Affairs Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma in Pretoria on Monday.

No image available
/ 21 August 2006

TAC: Manto has blood on her hands

While the health ministry attacked Independent Democrats leader Patricia de Lille for urging Health Minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang’s dismissal, others backed the call for the minister’s head on Monday. The ministry said in a statement it was disappointed by the level of ignorance demonstrated by De Lille during a radio interview.

No image available
/ 21 August 2006

Where is it all going?

The tired suits at the tired old Security Council chamber at the United Nations in New York, personally removed from both violence and violent language, finally agree that there should be a ceasefire between Lebanon and Israel, after thousands have died and a whole country, Lebanon, that has seen nothing but this kind of regular disintegration since the days of the Crusaders, has been taken apart once again.

No image available
/ 21 August 2006

Mumbai’s Hitler eatery angers Indian Jews

A new restaurant in India’s financial hub, named after Adolf Hitler and promoted with posters showing the German leader and Nazi swastikas, has infuriated the country’s small Jewish community. Hitler’s Cross, which opened last week, serves up a wide range of continental fare and a big helping of controversy, thanks to a name the owners say they chose to stand out among hundreds of Mumbai eateries.