No image available
/ 24 February 2004
Springbok hooker Dale Santon’s international career is now in the balance after he was dispatched from the Bulls Super 12 squad. Santon, who was part of last year’s World Cup squad, received his second yellow card in as many games against the Sharks on Saturday.
No image available
/ 24 February 2004
ACT Brumbies back Clyde Rathbone said on Tuesday he planned to stay and play in Australia amid interest from newly appointed Springboks coach Jake White to get him back to South Africa. Rathbone (22) captained South Africa’s victorious under-21 World Cup team two years ago when it was coached by White.
No image available
/ 24 February 2004
Formula-one star Ralf Schumacher did a U-turn on Monday a day after he threatened to leave the Williams team in a row over his new contract details. Schumacher’s contract negotiations have not been finalised and he had accused team boss Frank Williams of retracting a new contract that was all set to be signed.
No image available
/ 24 February 2004
Ruud van Nistelrooy has admitted Manchester United’s faltering English Premiership challenge is partly down to David Beckham’s transfer to Real Madrid. United dropped seven points behind Arsenal following a 1-1 draw at home to lowly Leeds on Saturday.
No image available
/ 24 February 2004
Six months before the Olympics, United States team officials should have every reason to be worried about medal hopes in Athens. They believe American athletes can do better than they did in Sydney in 2000. And they’re bringing everything from sports psychologists to home-cooked meals to Athens to get it done.
Click on image for full-size view.
No image available
/ 23 February 2004
Nissan South Africa announced on Monday that it has received a R1-billion contract to export locally built single cab pick-ups to Europe, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand from next year. The contract would see the company exporting about 4 600 cars annually.
No image available
/ 23 February 2004
Osama bin Laden is still in Afghanistan and is planning further attacks on United States interests, a spokesperson from Afghanistan’s ousted Taliban regime said on Monday. The spokesperson read a statement that rubbishes claims by the US military that they are confident of capturing the al-Qaeda leader by the end of the year.
No image available
/ 23 February 2004
Malawian President Bakili Muluzi abruptly dissolved his 45-member Cabinet on Monday without explanation. Muluzi’s Office of the President and Cabinet released a brief statement from the administrative capital Lilongwe saying that all official duties by the ministers and their deputies would be handled by the president’s office from Monday.
No image available
/ 23 February 2004
A Nigerian judge refused to grant bail on Monday to three suspects charged with masterminding a -million fraud and then trying to bribe investigators to drop the case against them. The three suspects face 86 charges relating to the biggest alleged case to date of ”419 fraud”, a crime for which Nigeria has become notorious.