Join the conversation
Join the webinar on Centring AGYW in the HIV-Prevention and Covid-19 responses, while engaging with ABYM on Tuesday 30 November 2021 from 11am – 12.30pm. After you register and closer to webinar day, you will receive an email from M&G with the webinar link. Please direct your queries to Wan on [email protected]
About this webinar
To commemorate World AIDS Day, join a webinar hosted by UNICEF, SANAC, the Department of Health and the Department of Basic Education where guests will share experiences, knowledge and practices for centring Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in HIV prevention responses in pandemics, and engaging Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM).
Discussion will include:
- Engaging with parents and caregivers around teenage pregnancies and GBV.
- The implications of COVID-19 for comprehensive sexuality education.
- Improving HIV testing and Antiretroviral therapy (ART) adherence through peer mentoring.
- Scaling up pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and using gamification to engage AGYW on PrEP.
- Policy and Programme responses for centring the needs of AGYW in current and future responses to pandemics.
Who should attend:
- AGYW, ABYM and parents
- Young people from senior high and university or college level
- Academia and educators
- Practitioners and frontline workers who work with AGYW and ABYM
- Directors and programme managers of government departments on national, provincial and district levels
- Private sector specialising in medical, healthcare and pharmaceutical
- NGOs, research institutions, specialised, donor and public health agencies
Since the dawn of democracy in South Africa, UNICEF has been working to ensure that no child is left behind and that every child’s right to survive and thrive is prioritised. Working with Government, the corporate sector, civil society, media, research institutions and other partners, a key objective is to reduce deep-seated inequities and eliminate widespread child poverty while scaling-up innovative programs with holistic results for children, their families and their communities. The focus is on the critical areas for a child’s well-being including health, education, protection while addressing violence, youth unemployment, HIV as well as health and mental development challenges.
About M&G webinars
Please note when you register for this webinar, your details will be captured. The organiser and/or sponsor may communicate with you regarding future webinars and/or of our service. You can then unsubscribe at any time.