You could be one of our next site editors. You’ll need to have an eye for detail, a love for news and feel right at home online. This is a contract position for the next six months with the potential to be renewed.
So, are you up to the challenge of working for the continent’s premier investigative brand, while helping us lead the way in the online space? Take a look at our job requirements and once you have your CV and covering letter ready, convincing us why you love news, subbing and online media, click here to send us your job application.
- Copy taste and picture selection from news agencies
- Edit agency or original M&G Online articles and other content for style and sense
- Craft headlines, blurbs and captions
- Publish articles and pictures using the M&G Online content management system
- Occasionally write original copy for the M&G Online
- Be able to work flexible hours
Qualifications & Experience
- Appropriate post-matric qualification
- Online sub-editing experience would be a great advantage
- Knowledge of media law and ethics
- First-class English language skills
- A firm grasp of current affairs, both local and international
- Basic knowledge of social media output
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply the M&G‘s style
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical ability
Behavioural / Attributes
- A lateral thinker
- A high degree of self-management
- Sound judgement
- Team player
The appointment will be done in line with the M&G Media Ltd Employment Equity Policy and the remuneration will commensurate with the position. Applicants must be based in Johannesburg.
Applications should be addressed to Agness Jura-Ganje.
Email address: [email protected]