Absa Rewards is a programme that rewards you for banking with Absa. It does so by literally putting cash in your pocket. In addition to the cash benefits, you will receive special offers and exclusive deals from selected Absa Rewards partners. Absa Rewards is real cash back:
- Real cash – You will earn real cash for point-of-sale and online purchases made with your Absa card to spend any way you choose. We use the word Cash Rewards interchangeably with cash back.
- No catch – You can earn on all qualifying point-of-sale purchases if all your Absa accounts are in good standing and your membership fee is paid. There are no further behavioural hurdles that you need to overcome before you can start earning.
- No membership card required to earn – Absa Rewards is easy to use. You simply need to pay with any of your Absa cards.
- Redeem your Cash Rewards for cash – You can redeem your Cash Rewards for cash anytime, anywhere, using our self-service channels.
- Multiple channels, 24/7 – Your Rewards Account is easy to access through one of our self-service channels, including the Absa Banking App, Absa Online, Cellphone Banking (USSD), Absa Rewards Contact Centre and ChatBanking on WhatsApp.
Participating in the programme
- You can become a member of the Absa Rewards programme at any time, if you have an active Absa Transactional Account.
- You must be a South African citizen or resident.
- You will continue to enjoy the Absa Rewards programme benefits as long as you have at least one transactional account, your account is in good standing and your membership fee is paid every month.
Earning Cash Rewards
You can earn Cash Rewards for qualifying transactions when you pay with your Absa card. Point-of-sale and online qualifying purchases made with an Absa Debit Card, Absa Credit Card and Absa Cheque Card can qualify for Cash Rewards.
There are four ways in which you can earn Cash Rewards*:
1. Cash Rewards from Absa (Bank earn)
2. Cash Rewards from Rewards partners (Partner earn)
3. Cash Rewards at Sasol (Fuel earn)
4. Cash Rewards at grocery partners (Grocery earn).
*Islamic Banking customers — It remains your responsibility to ensure that the Absa products you take up to increase your Rewards Tier are Islamic products and that the Absa Rewards partners you use are Shari’ah-compliant.
A member’s Cash Rewards will never expire
- If you don’t have a credit card, pay for your online items safely and securely with your debit card and still earn your cash back.
- Don’t miss out on real cash back. Load your debit or credit card on payment platforms such as Snapscan, Zapper, Masterpay, SamsungPay, ApplePay, etc and pay safely and securely.
- You get your real cash back from online and in-store purchases. Just always pay with the card that pays to pay.
- You may not be fuelling up as often as possible; shop for your quick essentials such as bread and milk at Sasol and still get up to 30% cash back, while avoiding long queues at the large grocery retailers.
- Extend your disposable income at your fingertips. Redeem your Cash Rewards on your banking app into cash, airtime or into the Solidarity Fund, safely from the comfort of your home.
Tips and tricks to move up a tier: Simple activities to help you move up a tier
- Give us marketing consent for email, SMS and telephone
- Provide us with two valid contact details
- Choose to receive eStatements over post for all your qualifying products
- Make five or more beneficiary payments via App, Absa Online, USSD or ATM
- Make monthly repetitive payments of R250 or into your qualifying Savings and Investment accounts
- Score awarded if you have met this criterion for two consecutive months (as depicted in the primary rule)
- Make Absa your go-to bank. Deposit your salary into your Absa transactional account and complete 10 or more transactions or make payments to the value of R32 000 and complete 10 or more transactions. Score awarded if you have met this criteria during the current and previous month.