ABB and the WWF have an international partnership that seeks to promote leadership in sustainability and alternative energy solutions.
This call is for innovative ideas that demonstrate ways in which energy solutions can be found through the use of alternative energy.
ABB and WWF are inviting prospective project developers/promoters, NGOs or community organisations to submit a five-page proposal to ABB and WWF.
Only proposals meeting the following criteria will be considered:
- Projects that require implementation should have no service or management fee associated with them (aim is to cover direct costs);
- Projects should be practical, provide access to energy and must be a proven technology (pictures of technology should be provided where possible);
- Projects should hold the potential for emissions offsets;
- Projects should be part of a larger development initiative and be assured that their implementation is part of a self-sustaining operation;
- Projects that have string partnerships and the ability to leverage other sources of funding will be given priority;
- Only established enterprises or development projects will be considered;
- The proposals should also provide information about the organisation, its sources of funding, management, governance.
The successful project bid will also be considered as an offset project for ABB’s Automation & Power World Africa 2009 event, which will be held in Johannesburg on November 11 and 12 2009.
The aim of the offset is to ensure that participants’ carbon footprint can be offset as much as possible.
Proposals should be submitted by email to [email protected]
The deadline for all proposals is October 15 2009.
For further information, email [email protected]