To enjoy the full Mail & Guardian online experience: please upgrade your browser
27 Jan 2010 08:04
Convenor of selectors Mike Procter on Wednesday confirmed Cricket South Africa (CSA) has sacked the entire Proteas’ selection team.
This follows Proteas coach Mickey Arthur’s announcement on Tuesday that he had resigned.
Arthur’s crumbling relationship with skipper Graeme Smith was reportedly one of the reasons the coach decided to leave his job.
CSA will officially announce his resignation in East London on Wednesday.
Procter told Talk Radio 702’s Stephen Grootes that a meeting held last week with CSA bosses did not go well.
“Whatever transpired at that meeting led them to get rid of Mickey and also the selectors,” said Procter.—Sapa
Create Account | Lost Your Password?