To enjoy the full Mail & Guardian online experience: please upgrade your browser
18 Apr 2012 08:39
A 17-year-old Soweto girl is missing and seven schoolboys have been arrested allegedly for raping her and filming it on a cellphone, police said on Wednesday.
The girl went missing on March 25 and last week a cellphone video emerged of her being raped by at least seven people between the ages 14 and 20, said warrant officer Kay Makhubele.
He said the seven were arrested in Dobsonville on Tuesday.
“Somebody gave the information and it was followed and the boys were identified through that video.”
Police were still trying to find the location where the assault took place as only open veld can be seen in the video.
The men and two minors were expected to appear in the Roodepoort Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.—Sapa
Create Account | Lost Your Password?