To enjoy the full Mail & Guardian online experience: please upgrade your browser
10 Apr 2013 16:21
ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe. (Gallo)
"The NTT [national task team] will be tasked with the building of the youth league structures from branch, regional and provincial levels, as some of these are not functional at the moment," Mantashe told reporters in Johannesburg on Wednesday.
"They will also be preparing for the national conference of the youth league."
The convener of the national task team would be Mzwandile Mosina and the coordinator Magasela Mzobe.
The other members are: Victoria De Beer, Bongiwe Gigaba, Braam Hanekom, Thembinkosi Josopu, Mxolisi Kaunda, Bandile Masuku, Nokuthula Mbese, Nomvuyo Mhlakaza, Johan Mkhatshwa, Bridget Mogakwe-Seokamo, Smangaliso Mtengwana, Adelle Naidoo, Maruping Ntuli, Silence Ntshavheni, Mawethu Rune, Jolene Samuels, Joel Samuels, Joel Seabi, Shaka Sisulu, Rebone Tau, and Cynthia Theko.
Mantashe said the NWC had avoided including people from the disbanded ANC Youth League national executive committee. Only two former NEC members were on the list, for continuity.
Those who had previously campaigned for leadership roles had also been excluded, to allow them to continue lobbying.
"We have been engaging extensively with our structures nationally to identify suitable comrades with necessary leadership skills, understanding of the ANC and the youth league, as well as reputable characters," he said.
Create Account | Lost Your Password?