Mandela case struck off the roll

The ongoing battle revolves around the removal of George Bizos, Tokyo Sexwale, and Bally Chuene as directors of Harmonieux Investment Holdings and Magnifique Investment Holdings.

The application to remove them, brought by Makaziwe Mandela and Zenani Mandela-Dlamini, was removed from the roll for hearing this week by notice of removal, said Norton Rose Fulbright spokesperson Candice Collins.

The firm, which represents Bizos, Sexwale, and Chuene, said that after Ismail Ayob withdrew as the attorney for the Mandela children, the court directed them to provide a new address for service by Friday and to file further affidavits by August 30.

Also on Monday, Mandela's grandson Nkosi Zwelivelile Mandela condemned the women's action as a blatant attempt to disregard and undermine decisions Mandela made while he was "strong".

"I consider the action by my relatives as a blatant abuse of the elderly.

"Why wait until the sponsor of a trust is not well to question decisions that he made [a] long time ago?" he asked.

He considered the court action nothing more than an attempt to "loot Nkosi Dalibhunga's [Mandela] money that he has so carefully set out how it must benefit the family and who must guide decisions relating to that".

He believed all the people appointed by his grandfather were men of integrity, who had always had his grandfather's confidence and support.

"All of us are mere beneficiaries and should be grateful that Nkosi Dalibhunga was kind enough to consider our needs through this trust and we should therefore avoid this type of actions that clearly infringe on his dignity," he said. – Sapa

We make it make sense

If this story helped you navigate your world, subscribe to the M&G today for just R30 for the first three months

Subscribers get access to all our best journalism, subscriber-only newsletters, events and a weekly cryptic crossword.”

Sapa
Guest Author

Related stories

WELCOME TO YOUR M&G

Already a subscriber? Sign in here

Advertising

Latest stories

Mkhwebane would not hear of Gupta links to Estina: witness

The suspended public protector told him she would pleased if the probe into the scam delivered no adverse findings, Reginald Ndou tells inquiry

Editorial: The ANC won’t listen to its own conscience, the...

The party’s top officials seem to have no real inclination to follow through with the integrity commission’s recommendations on corruption

Nxesi: The changing definition of work demands a review of...

The labour minister noted many informal workers had been excluded from the country’s Covid-19 relief scheme

Tazné van Wyk murder accused admits to absconding parole

Moyhdian Pangkaeker evaded the justice system for about four years during which time he twice absconded while on parole. He faces 27 charges, 24 of which he allegedly committed while on parole.
Advertising

press releases

Loading latest Press Releases…
×