SABC's Motsoeneng happy about 'Generations' contract agreement

The SABC's acting chief operations officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng. (Delwyn Verasamy, M&G)

The SABC's acting chief operations officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng. (Delwyn Verasamy, M&G)

An agreement has been reached in the contract dispute involving actors in the popular soapie Generations, the SABC said on Wednesday.

"All parties are pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached in terms of the cast's contract," said SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago.

On Monday, the SABC met with Mfundi Vundla of Morula Pictures and Mzamo Attorneys, who were acting on behalf of the Generations cast, involved in the contract dispute.

In terms of the agreement reached, cast members would receive a three-year contract.

Morula Pictures and SABC would review the proposed pay rates for the performers.

They would pay the affected cast's October remuneration.

'We are happy'
"The two parties agreed to negotiate other terms, with the involvement of the SABC, and will endeavour to conclude a new agreement on or before the end of March 2014."

The SABC's acting chief operations officer Hlaudi Motsoeneng said he was happy the matter had been resolved.

"We are happy as the SABC that this matter has finally been laid to rest. The uproar which has been in the media around this issue, once again re-affirmed the public's love of our property."

Vundla said he was delighted recording had resumed.

"We look forward to delivering the best entertainment to our audiences."

Generations production recording resumes on Wednesday.

The soapie has a viewership of eight million, according to primetime adult television viewing figures for September 30 to October 6. – Sapa

.

Client Media Releases

All things 'creepy crawly' at award-winning UKZN stand
Tellos founder to present at ITWeb AI 2019
The rand: Before, during and after Elections 2019