Krejcir’s mother offers R2m reward for information

The mother of controversial Czech businessperson Radovan Krejcir has offered a R2-million reward for information on two attempts on her son's life, the Star reported on Wednesday.

Nadezda Krejcirova reportedly said in a statement on Tuesday that she was offering R1-million for information on each attempt.

This related to information provided to police that could lead to arrests, prosecution and conviction of those responsible for the attacks.

Krejcirova is listed in the Prague Post as the Czech Republic's 10th richest woman.

Last Tuesday, two people were killed and five others injured in an explosion at Krejcir's Money Point business premises in Befordview on the East Rand.


In July, Krejcir was the target of an apparent assassination attempt outside Money Point.

Krejcir's assets 
Moments after he got out of his car a remote controlled gun installed behind the number plate of a car parked near his was fired at him. Krejcir escaped unharmed.

The South African Revenue Service (Sars) said on Friday that all of had been placed under the control of a curator.

Sars last week obtained a court order placing all of Krejcir's assets – and those of his family and associates – under the control of a curator, following a preservation order issued by the high court in Pretoria.

Sars acted in terms of the Tax Administration Act based on the view that Krejcir owes more than R59-million in taxes, penalties and interest. Sapa

Subscribe to the M&G

These are unprecedented times, and the role of media to tell and record the story of South Africa as it develops is more important than ever.

The Mail & Guardian is a proud news publisher with roots stretching back 35 years, and we’ve survived right from day one thanks to the support of readers who value fiercely independent journalism that is beholden to no-one. To help us continue for another 35 future years with the same proud values, please consider taking out a subscription.

Sapa
Guest Author

Related stories

Advertising

Subscribers only

Covid-overflow hospital in ruins as SIU investigates

A high-level probe has begun into hundreds of millions of rand spent by the Gauteng health department to refurbish a hospital that is now seven months behind schedule – and lying empty

Q&A Sessions: ‘I should have fought harder for SA vaccine’...

Professor Salim Abdool Karim talks to Nicolene de Wee about his responsibility as head of the ministerial advisory committee tasked with guiding the government’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

More top stories

Children may benefit when parents share their digital gaming...

Digital games can provide forums for diverse groups of people to come together, which is especially important while our physical activities are restricted

‘No one took us seriously’: Black cops warned about racist...

Allegations of racism against the Capitol Police are nothing new: Over 250 Black cops have sued the department since 2001. Some of those former officers now say it’s no surprise white nationalists were able to storm the building

Pay-TV inquiry probes the Multichoice monopoly

Africa’s largest subscription television operator says it is under threat amid the emerging popularity of global platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime

​No apology or comfort as another Marikana mother dies without...

Nomawethu Ma’Bhengu Sompeta, whose funeral will be held this weekend, was unequivocal in calling out the government for its response to the Marikana massacre
Advertising

press releases

Loading latest Press Releases…