New ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ novel shows Christian’s view

EL James, author of the hugely successful Fifty Shades of Grey erotic novels, has written a new entry in the series that takes the point of view of its male character, Christian Grey, publisher Vintage Books said on Monday.   

The book, titled Grey, will be published on June 18, which is the character’s birthday. “In the new book, [James] will offer her fans the opportunity to see the world of Fifty Shades anew through the eyes of its intriguing and enigmatic protagonist,” Vintage Books, a division of Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, said in a statement.   

James, who made her announcement of the new book on the Instagram website, said she wrote it in response to fans who have been asking for Christian’s point of view. “Christian is a complex character,” the British writer said, “and readers have always been fascinated by his desires and motivations, and his troubled past. Also, as anyone who has ever been in a relationship knows, there are two sides to every story.”

The book will be published in Britain on the same day and will be available as an eBook and in audio and Spanish-language editions. The trilogy about the erotic relationship between a college student, Anastasia Steele, and business tycoon Grey, has sold more than 125-million copies and is one of the most successful series in the history of publishing. 

The first book was also turned in an R-rated film starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, which has earned more than $500-million at the global box office. Film adaptations of the second and third books are planned. – Reuters

We make it make sense

If this story helped you navigate your world, subscribe to the M&G today for just R30 for the first three months

Subscribers get access to all our best journalism, subscriber-only newsletters, events and a weekly cryptic crossword.”

Reuters
Guest Author

Related stories

WELCOME TO YOUR M&G

Already a subscriber? Sign in here

Advertising

Latest stories

Eskom and unions reach wage agreement, workers back at work

The power utility warned that the system would take some time to recover because maintenance work had been postponed because of the unprotected strike

Start of State Security Agency R1-million theft case delayed

Thuso Oesi, a former SSA administrator accused of fraud, did not arrive in court for medical reasons

Why government would fall short of cash if the fuel...

But restructuring the Road Accident Fund levy would reduce pressure on consumers

Gordhan’s Eskom ‘blame game’ underwhelms ANC leaders

Sources at a meeting of the national executive committee said a call was made to shift the power utility to Gwede Mantashe’s ministry of minerals and resources
Advertising

press releases

Loading latest Press Releases…
×