Work for the M&G: Online Day Editor
Are you up to the challenge of working for the continent’s premier investigative brand, while helping us lead the way in the online space?
Take a look at our job requirements and once you have your CV and covering letter ready - convincing us why you love news, subbing and online media - send us your job application.
- Copy taste and picture selection from news agencies
- Edit agency or original M&G Online articles and other content for style and sense
- Craft headlines, blurbs and captions
- Publish articles and pictures using the M&G Online content management system
- Occasionally write original copy for the M&G Online
- Be able to work the day shift - 6am to 2pm
Qualifications & Experience
- Appropriate post-matric qualification
- Online sub-editing experience would be a great advantage
- At least one year’s reporting experience in a newsroom
- Knowledge of media law and ethics
- First-class English language skills
- A firm grasp of current affairs, both local and international
- Basic knowledge of social media output
- Strong sub-editing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply the M&G’s style
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical ability
- A lateral thinker
- A high degree of self-management
- Sound judgment
- Team player
The appointment will be made in line with the M&G Media Ltd Employment Equity Policy and the remuneration will commensurate with the position. Applicants must be based in or willing to relocate to Johannesburg. Closing date for applications is April 30, 2016.
Applications should be addressed to Agness Jura-Ganje.
Email address: [email protected]